In my Daily Work, I Help Customers to Have Data which They Can Use
My Name is Kevin Straub. My wife and I live in Stuttgart (Germany). When friends or family ask me what my job is, I usually answer that "I help other companies to have data that they can actually use…".
I learned about the importance of Data Quality more than 11 years ago when I started at IBM as a junior consultant in the area of data warehouse management. The reports that were created based on the existing data in the systems always needed to be reworked or enhanced due to a lack of quality. Since than I always thought, that there must be a more sustainable way of getting good data. Today I know how!
In my daily job I help customers to manage their data, so they get actually value out of this asset. Typically, I support companies with initiatives like:
- Clean up and maintain clean data with our managed cloud services for customer and vendor data
- Design and deployment of data management processes, organization & roles for different data domains
- Design and deployment of data lifecycle processes for different data domains
- Design and implementation of a corporate data governance & data quality management framework incl. roles, responsibilities and KPIs
- Design and deployment of holistic data strategy incl. reference use cases in the areas of IoT, digitization, manufacturing and AI
#SharingDataExcellence: Data Governance Basics
From my experience, also in times of new trends and buzzwords like IoT or artificial intelligence, basics like data governance maintain important. We recently answered some frequently asked questions regarding data governance. As for example
- What is a robust data governance mandate?
- What is data governance? What are typical data management (data governance) roles?
- Why do we need data governance?
- How to develop a data governance framework?
- What are typical data governance boards?
These and other question are answered here for you: Data Governance
Kevin's Free Data Governance Workshop
But for sure there are much more open questions, so we would like to raffle one free data governance workshop. Usually a short workshop helps to…
- understand the impact of data quality for your business processes and analytics capabilities, e.g. on an enterprise analytics platform or a data lake
- evaluate your current data governance capabilities
- identify fields of action and recommend good practices
To participate, contact us via the contact form in the info box until the 31th of December 2019 24:00 CET and tell us why you think you need help regarding data governance. Please check out the details of our promotion in our terms of participation below.*